Saturday, January 30, 2016

Rachel in Las Vegas Preface

I'm Rachel.  I work for Tryst and XS nightclubs in the Wynn / Encore hotel in Las Vegas.  I meet groups of people that I want to come to the club on my guestlist or get a table reservation and set them up at different clubs throughout the weekend with friends that will take care of them also.

I moved to Las Vegas June 2010.  I graduated from The Art Institute of CA San Diego with a Bachelor of Science in Media Arts and Animation; my choices for a career resided in either Los Angeles or Las Vegas.  I figured Las Vegas is a powerhouse.  People can fly to Vegas any destination!  It's driving distance from CA in case I need to go there, and it is waaaay cheaper to live than in California.

Before I finished college in San Diego I started using my skills of video editing and animation working for Tha Wrongkind Records with Mitchy Slick and the CEO CJ.  I have a collection of reality type videos that I put together on www.youtube.com/rachelbutch, the series is called Mitchy Slick "He's Everywhere".  Editing these videos made me realize that I want to have a reality show of my own, and I plan to make one (or more) about Las Vegas!

Becoming a nightclub promoter was the best job I could have ever imagined!  I get paid to make friends all day and go out at night!  I walk around the strip to find ladies that I think will bring the energy up in the club and make it look good, and put them on my "VIP Guestlist" for free admission and free drinks.  I get paid if they show up and if I meet a certain quota. At night I go out to other clubs to recruit ladies for the next night at the venue I am promoting for.  I go where I want and work as little or as hard as I want for the sake of helping create an awesome party...  no complaints!

My life in Las Vegas is definitely different than in California.  Every night is a party and I never get bored!

No comments:

Post a Comment